Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Why do you exercise?

One way to stay motivated to exercise is to create a list of the reasons why you exercise. Make the list as detailed as possible and keep it close by for when you might need a little extra motivation.

Here is part of my list:

1. It's Challenging and Fun - when I exercise I crave the sense of accomplishment. I love to challenge myself out of my comfort zone because I feel so successful afterward!

2. It's Time Dedicated To Me - Sometimes life gets so busy and crazy. When I exercise it's my time! I am a priority and it's important to take care of myself.

3. It gives me more energy - I feel rejuvenated, happy and healthy after a workout. Gotta love that feeling

4. Stress Relief - Exercise helps me sort out the stresses of life. I have time to myself to contemplate and think about what is going on in my life.

5. To Look Good - Exercise helps keep weight in control and tone muscles. After I exercise I feel strong, healthy and beautiful.

6. The Adrenaline Rush - there is always a point in my workout where I get a rush of adrenaline - I feel like I can accomplish anything! I love that feeling.

7. To Live A Long Enjoyable Life - This one is so important to me. I am only 24 years old. I want to live long enough to have children, grandchildren, and great grandchildren. I know that staying healthy and active keeps me on the right path to reach this goal. I also want to be able to play with my children (grandchildren) and I know I will need to maintain a certain fitness level to be able to do that..

8. To Stay Exercise Related Disease Free - this one is kind of like number 7. Exercise helps prevent diseases such as type 2 diabetes and heart disease. I don't want any such disease.

9. To Help My Self Esteem - I used to have a poor self esteem. Now that I have incorporated exercise into my life on a regular basis I feel better about myself. I also hate that "blah" feeling you get when you don't exercise. I think the "blah" feeling really wears on your self-esteem.

10. The Post Workout Feeling - after a workout I feel high! It's an indescribable, unbeatable feeling that keeps me going!


Please, Please, Please make a list of your own and use it to help motivate yourself.
Be sure to include any goal related reasons. For example, if your long term goal is to lose 20 pounds - one of your reasons to exercise is to help you achieve your goal...


No comments:

Post a Comment